Chapter Three: Quiz 1 Subject-verb Agreement
Directions: In each sentence a verb is underlined. If the underlined selection is the correct form of the verb, click on Correct; if not, click on Incorrect. Use your "Back" button to return to the quiz.
1. Walter Younger, the hero of A Raisin in the Sun, felt, like many young black men, that the secret of happiness were wealth. Correct Incorrect
2. The average teenage girl in the United States speaks too rapidly. Correct Incorrect
3. In the Twickenham family there is one boy, one girl, and a set of identical twins. Correct Incorrect
4. No one in the C.I.A. is more clever at espionage than Dick Dastard. Correct Incorrect
5. For the Bobsey twins, a summer's vacation with their grandparents on the farm were exciting. Correct Incorrect
6. Physics, one of the difficult courses, are concerned with heat, electricity, sound, and light. Correct Incorrect
7. The Hardy Boys adventure stories has had an upsurge in popularity because of the television serials based on their exploits. Correct Incorrect
8. My companion and confidante were not present at the awards. Correct Incorrect
9. Both of the women in The Turning Point felt that they were superior ballerinas. Correct Incorrect
10. The crew of the yacht wants the captain to speak. Correct Incorrect
To return to Chapter Three assignments,click here.
To return to Traditional Grammar Main Menu, click here.
To visit the Instructional Systems site for links to additional grammar instruction, click here. [NOTE: You must be on the internet to visit the i S i site.]
To visit Instructional Systems "Cookie Jar" for grammar, spelling, ESL, and composition instruction, click here. [NOTE: You must be on the internet to visit the "Cookie Jar."]
To visit Instructional Systems other free resources and links, click Here.
To visit the Instructional Systems Home Page and Main Menu, click Here
Web Author: J. Kline
Copyright ©1998 by Instructional Systems - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED