ESL HOME PAGE
1) _________ Paul brings the money for lunch, we'll go right down to the cafeteria.
2) The first time I went swimming in deep water, I sank to the bottom like a rock.__________ I've learned to stay afloat, I feel better about the water, but I still can't swim well.
3) It's obvious that neither the workers_____________ to fight the new rules.
4) ___________ I heard the telephone ring, I didn't answer it.
5) After__________ to 45 minutes of an extremely boring speech, I found myself nodding off.
6) Why did I stay until the end? I am never going to stay and watch a bad movie again!__________ I am in that situation, I'm going to leave the theater immediatley.
7) "Why aren't you ready to go?" "I am ready." "How can that be? It's freezing outside,_________ you're wearing shorts and a T-shirt!"
8) Erin likes to swim, jog and_________ tennis.
9) Since___________ to a warmer and less humid climate, I've had no trouble with my asthma.
10) While__________ to help Tim with his math, I got impatient because he wouldn't pay attention to what I was saying.
11) We're going to lose this game________ our team doesn't start playing better soon.
12) Some fish can survive only in salt water,__________ other species can live only in fresh water.
13) Joe seemed to be in a good mood,_________ he snapped at me angrily when I asked him to join us.
14) __________ Jan arrives, we will have finished this group project.
15) For the most part, young children spend their time playing, eating and________ a lot.
16) __________ I get back from my next business trip. I'm taking a few days off. I'm worn out!
17) _________ unprepared for the exam, I felt sure I would get a low score.
18) Ever since___________ Ted the bad news, he's been avoiding me.
19) __________ my daughter reaches the age of sixteen, she will be able to drive.
20) Matt will enjoy skiing more the next time he goes to the Alps__________ he has had skiing lessons.