Directions: Indicate whether each sentence is correct or
1) Neither my brother nor my dad were surprised to hear that Laura is going to Latin America next
month as a Peace Corps volunteer.
2) First, she and the other members of the Honduras group gathers in Houston for a few days of orientation.
3) Their focus at this point is to meet one another and get acquainted.
4) Then the whole group travels together to a remote place in Honduras, where everyone will have their last chance for months to enjoy hot running water!
5) After one night in Tegucigalpa, half of them leaves for San Pedro Sula for eleven weeks of cultural sensitivity training.
6) Each of the volunteer gets to leave with a Honduran family during this period of training.
7) The close daily contact will help each volunteer learn to converse in Spanish.
8) Laura doesn't know exactly where in Honduras she is going to be assigned.
9) She, as well as the other members of the group, expect to be assigned to the area of highest need.
10) No one in the group has been told their specific job assignment, but Laura says she will probably be helping Honduras
rebuild their cities and towns.
for questions or comments about this site. This
site looks best when viewed with
Copyright © 2000
Miguel A Contreras