PLACE EXPRESSIONS WITH In, On, At
in Buenos Aires
on the desk- on top of the desk
on the wall- on the surface of the wall
New York is on the Hudson River.
Paris is on the Seine
at home at the post office
at work at the hospital
at school at the office
at church at the store
The people were at church for service.
There are some beautiful windows in that church.
both street and number are given.
Sally lives on the Twelfth Street.
Sally lives at 848 Twelfth Street.
SENTENCES FOR PRACTICE
1. The files are in those cabinets.
2. The paper clips are in the top drawer.
3. She put the books away in the shelves.
4. My office is in that building.
5. We were in Europe last year.
6. We’ll be in South America next month.
7. There are a lot of interesting things to see in France and Spain.
8. He was in Mexico last autumn.
9. The map is on the wall.
10. The picture is on the wall.
11. The telephone is on the table over there.
12. The pamphlets were in the corner.
13. He spent his vacation on an island in the Caribbean.
14. The children are at school.
15. They were at church on Sunday.
16. He stayed at the hotel last year.
17. I saw her at the store when she was shopping.
18. My house is on Jefferson Street.
19. It’s at 342 Jefferson Street.
20. The big stores are on Fifth Avenue.
21. That store is at 550 Fifth Avenue.