Using Since and For with the Present Perfect
1) The earth ____been in existence _____ millions of years.
2) Cuba________been a socialist country ______1959.
3) Latin ________ been a dead language _______the decline of Rome.
4) Bill and his best friend ______known each other _______many years.
5) Life in China _______ been very different _______ the People's Revolution. The people have changed.
6) Israel_______ been a state ________1948.
7) Canada and Australia ________been part of the British Common wealth ________ quite a few years.
8) Islam ______been the most important religion in the Middle East _________more than 1,400 years.
9) Life ________been a magnificent puzzle ___________ the beginning of time.
10) All of the students _______ studied hard ________ the beginning of the course. The class has been in session.
11) Buddhism ___________ been a major religion in the Far East ________ more than two thousand years.
12) The sun __________ been in the center of our solar system _________ millions and millions of years.
13) My parents __________ had their house _______ quite a few years.
14) Washington, D. C., _________ been the capital of the United States __________ 1800.
15) I _________ known my best friend __________ I was six.
16) The Eiffel Tower _______ been a famous tourist attraction ________ the time of its erection for the Paris Exhibition in 1889.
17) Relations between those two countries __________ been bad _______ the end of the last war.
18) Cristianity _________ been an important religion ________ more than two thousand years.
19) Korea _______ been a divided nation ________ quite a long time.
20) The Red Cross _______ been an important international organization _____ 1864. It has helped people for many years.