You are here: ENGLISH 0310 Diversity
- "Gender-fair use of language," including the singular "they"--permitted or not? (In this section, it IS allowed.)
- Students' Right to Their Own Language CCCC Guideline
- Resolution on Affirming the CCCC "Students' Right to Their Own Language"
2003 (link under repair!)
Includes a bulleted list of points advocating for the teaching of grammar in the context of reading and writing, as well as NCTE position statements and SLATE Starter Sheets.
- Class Politics: The Movement for the Students' Right to Their Own Language, by Stephen Parks (book review).
- Is "correct English" a race or class issue? See Bizzell's comments on this question.
If you wish to suggest a link to add to this page, please contact instructor.
For educational purposes only.
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..