Reflective Journal Assignment--English 0310
Friday, Jan. 28--Reflection Journals 1a & 1b
1a. Why do you believe that you were tested into this class?
1b. Discuss the barriers that may interfere with your success in this class. Barriers may include
- financial problems; lack of support at home; difficulty in a specific subject matter such as
writing, math, or reading; managing your time; or other obstacles that will make going to
college difficult for you. How could your instructor or UTEP help?
Friday, Feb. 4--Reflection Journals 2a & 2b
2a. How well do you like reading? Why?
2b. How will reading be important in your life once you graduate from college, both in your
personal and professional life? Please give specific examples.
Friday, Feb. 11--Reflection Journal 3
3. What are the qualities or skills of a successful college student? Which of these qualities
would you like to improve in yourself?
Friday, Feb. 18--Reflection Journal 4
4. What strengths do you have as a reader? How could you become a stronger reader?
Friday, Feb. 25--Reflection Journal 5
5. When you find an assigned text difficult to read, what do you do to understand the
information presented in the text?
Friday, Mar. 4--Reflection Journal 6
6. How are you applying what you have learned in this class to your other classes? Please
give specific examples.
Friday, Mar. 11--Reflection Journal 7
7. How have your basic reading skills changed since the beginning of the course? Discuss all
of the following skills that apply to you:
Friday, Mar. 25--Reflection Journal 8
8. What do you think you have done successfully in your classes so far this semester? What
reading strategies or study skills could you use to be even more successful during the rest ofthe semester
Friday, Apr. 1--Reflection Journal 9
9. When you find an assigned text difficult to read, what reading strategies do you use
to help you understand the information presented in the text?
Friday, Apr. 8--Reflection Journal 10
10. How have you applied what you have learned in this class to your other classes? Please
give specific examples.
Friday, Apr. 15--Reflection Journal 11
11. How might you apply what you have learned in this class to a job or future profession?
Please give specific examples.
Friday, Apr. 22--Reflection Journal 12
12. How have your basic reading skills changed since the beginning of the course? Please
discuss ALL of the following skills:
Friday, April 29--Reflection Journals 13a & 13b
13a. What are the qualities or skills of a successful college student? Which of those qualities
would you like to continue to work on?
13b. What strengths do you have as a reader? What reading skills do you plan to continue
For educational purposes only.
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..