Which THREE of the following statements are closest to
your thinking when you decide whether a given choice is right and wrong? (Chose
only three—please be honest!):
I usually know something is wrong mainly:
- ... if it goes against something I was taught by my
- ... if it makes me feel uncomfortable.
- ... if it might come back and harm me or my
- ... if there is real risk I could get caught and
punished for it.
- ... if it goes against the law or the rules.
- ... if my friends will laugh at me if they find out.
- ... if it goes against the Bible or the Commandments.
- ... if everyone else around me thinks it is wrong.
- ... if it makes me go into debt.
- ... if my family or friends would be ashamed if they
- ... if it would make God angry.
- ... if it involves snitching or ratting out someone
- ... if it is boring, out of style, or just not fun.
- ... if it makes me look foolish or puts me in a bad
- ... if it restricts my freedom.
- ... if it is not loving or caring.
- ... if it violates universal moral principles.
- ... if it is out of control, rebellious or wild, and creates
- ... if it wastes more money than it gains.
- ... if it is weak, cowardly, dishonorable or
- ... if it is has to be kept secret.
- ... if it damages the environment.
- ... if it puts our country and its leaders in a bad
- ... if it is dirty, impure or sexually suggestive.
- ... if it increases taxes and big government.
- ... if it promotes war, conflict, fighting or hatred.
Then, in a few sentences, explain why you chose these three items over the
OW rev 9/10
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..