INSTRUCTOR Owen M. Williamson, MA
In case of absence, or if class is ever cancelled due to circumstances beyond Instructor control, students are still expected to complete and submit all assignments shown on this Calendar page if possible.
Week 8: October 11-15, 2010
This is a confirmation e-mail about when we have scheduled your class for advising in the Academic Advising Center. We will also send you a list of all of your students stating which students do need to come to the AAC and which don’t. Those that don’t need to come can go get their departmental advising during your class time. Our peer advisors are still working on those lists, and I anticipate e-mailing that to you later this week. We have you scheduled for:
CRN 11680 Wednesday, Oct. 13th 8:30-9:20
See you then and thank you for collaborating with us in getting our freshman population advised on time!
Michelle Peña, M.S.
I have scheduled the UNIV Lab room, Library 336, for Fri. Oct. 15.
Turn in Life Event Scale.
How to do university-level research. How to read an academic text. How to use the Internet for university-level research. "Following the track" of scholarly knowledge. Students will examine how to develop academic survival and success strategies (e.g., note-taking, active reading, time management). Students will become aware of and use selected academic and student support resources.
Discuss: Red Flags
Extra credit: So Many Careers! How to choose the right one for me! Oct 14,Thursday, 2:30-4:00p.m.Call 747-5302 to reserve your place.
Monday:1. Read Kennedy (click for link),108-11 (two examples).
2. Read Borders chapter 7 and chapter 8.
1. Complete UCLA Loneliness Test at http://www3.shastacollege.edu/lvalvatne/psych15/ucla_loneliness_scale.htm . (Score it at http://www3.shastacollege.edu/lvalvatne/psych15/interpreting_the_ucla_loneliness.htm .) Be ready to discuss results next week.
2. Optional: Take the Psych Central Online Depression Screening Test on your own.
3. Optional: Take the Cheek and Buss Online Shyness Test on your own.
1. Do Progymnasma 8. [Applies to theme / discipline]
2. Work on Final Report. [Applies to theme / discipline] [Group/team work]
3. KTEP report. [Academic success strategies—note taking] [Critical thinking]
For educational purposes only.
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..