: Twenty Questions
Be prepared to write five-paragraph ISARC
arguments either defending or attacking any of the
following statements. I will choose five items out of
these twenty, and you will have a choice to write your
arguments on any two out of the five I have chosen.
1. Drug pushers are in fact terrorists conducting
chemical war against America. If found unarmed, they
should be arrested, tried, and if found guilty, executed
as enemy agents. If found armed and dangerous they
should be shot down without mercy just as one would
treat any other enemy soldier or terrorist under arms on
2. The Bible clearly says in Exodus 20 : 4 that “Thou
shalt have no graven images,” which means that statues
of saints or angels in church are seriously sinful, and
any true Christian who finds such images in his or her
church or home should make sure they are removed,
covered up, or destroyed.
3. The government has no right to take money from people
and never had any such right; all taxation is ultimately
4. Biology has proven that humanity is a naturally
dark-skinned species; those of us with light skin are
mutants from the human norm.
5. It makes no sense to worry about politics, since all
politicians are crooks anyhow.
6. As the Catholic Catechism states, “masturbation is an
intrinsically and gravely disordered action. The
deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever
reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to
7. If you accidentally kill or injure someone while you
are drunk or stoned it is not as wrong as when you do it
when you are straight and sober.
8. All college students have the duty is to study hard,
have fun, respect and obey their parents and professors,
and stay strictly out of grown-up issues.
9. As an old saying has it, “Some people were born with
saddles on their backs, and made to be ridden, and some
people were born with spurs on their boots, and made to
10. No matter how much they are suffering, people who
have no money have no inherent moral right to receive
medical services unless they can find some way to pay
for them—“there is no such thing as a free lunch.”
11. Any woman over 18 has the perfect right to have as
many children as she wants, with whom she chooses and
whenever she chooses, and no one else has the right to
tell her she can’t.
12. Americans never need to feel guilty or sorry about
the fact that our country was built on land stolen from
Native Americans and from Mexico, then raised to
greatness thanks to unpaid slave labor, and now living
off of the cheap labor of overseas sweatshop workers for
our consumer goods, because it was God Himself who
granted Americans all these blessings, and if it were
not so we wouldn't be nearly as well off as we are now.
13. “Every rich person may not be good, but every good
person, if they live long enough, will surely become
14. There is no such thing as an “important game,” since
games are entertainment and there is no such thing as
15. A soldier who fights in an evil, stupid or
unnecessary war deserves no honor or glory no matter how
bravely he or she fights, because the cause he or she is
fighting for is evil. No matter how good the
individual's personal intent was, there can be no such
thing as a good or honorable action for an objectively
evil goal, because any action, no matter how brave, that
is taken to fight for a stupid or evil cause is by
definition stupid or evil itself.
16. In America nobody should ever complain about “big
government.” America is a democracy, and government by,
of and for the people is there to do what the people
want it to do. And the bigger, better and more
effectively our government can do the people’s will, the
17. Every working person should join a union to protect
his or her rights, or else try his or her best to
organize a union if there is none in his or her
18. Many young people consider that their place in life
is mainly to be a consumer, but anyone who is a consumer
without being a producer as well is a blood-sucking
parasite living off the hard labor of those working
people who do produce the things they consume.
19. If you have a positive attitude nothing else
matters, since if you stay positive enough you can be a
winner even if you are in hell.
20. As Cicero said, “The one who knows no history
remains forever a child.”
Note: the above statements are offered for purposes of
academic argument only, and do not necessarily represent
the viewpoints of the University of Texas at El Paso,
its regents, staff, faculty or administration, or of