INSTRUCTOR Owen M. Williamson, MA
In case of absence, or if class is ever cancelled due to circumstances beyond Instructor control, students are still expected to complete and submit all assignments shown on this Calendar page if possible.
Week 8: March 7 - 11, 2011
Turn in all KTEP reports at beginning of class.
1.Turn in Life Event Scale.
2. Note your organizational participation in Minetracker by Friday, March 11.
3. Respond to How to Start a Club or Organization. What organization would you like to start, why, and how would you go about it?
Discuss: Red Flags
Freshmen mid-term grades due to the Records Office
Work Group 6 will discuss Progymnasma 8: Praise.
Respond to the recent research finding that "Students whose classes reflect high expectations (more than 40 pages of reading a week and more than 20 pages of writing a semester) gained more than other students." ("Academically Adrift," by Scott Jaschik)
How to do university-level research. How to read an academic text. How to use the Internet for university-level research. "Following the track" of scholarly knowledge. Students will examine how to develop academic survival and success strategies (e.g., note-taking, active reading, time management). Students will become aware of and use selected academic and student support resources.
Friday: Class will be coming to the Academic Advising Center on Friday, March 11th from 8:30-9:30.
All of the class is required to come except:
Michelle Peņa, M.S.
University of Texas at El Paso
Monday:1. Read Kennedy (click for link),108-11 (two examples).
2. Read Borders chapter 7 and chapter 8.
1. Complete UCLA Loneliness Test at http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-ucla-loneliness-scale-test
Be ready to discuss results next week if you want.
2. Optional: Take the Psych Central Online Depression Screening Test on your own.
Friday: Class will meet at the Academic Advising Center on Friday, March 11th from 8:30-9:30.
1. Organization Report: Note your participation in Minetracker by March 11.
2. Optional: Take the Cheek and Buss Online Shyness Test on your own.
3. Do Progymnasma 8. [Encomium / Praise]
4. Work on Final Report.
5. KTEP Report
For educational purposes only.
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..