INSTRUCTOR Owen M. Williamson, MA
In case of absence, or if class is ever cancelled due to circumstances beyond Instructor control, students are still expected to complete and submit all assignments shown on this Calendar page if possible.
Do Activity 8.1 on p. 170 of Borders.
Assessment activity that examines the student's interests, abilities, and values. [Academic success strategies] [Learning styles/self assessment]
Do Values A-Z exercise.
Know yourself, know your professors: reach for an "A" every time. Discussion of research techniques, and about how to know and become known to your professor.
Public speaking activity—declamation. [Applies to theme / discipline] [Public speaking]
Work Group 5 will discuss Assignment 9.
Date: Friday/ 10/21/2011
Time/Location: 8:30 - 9:20/EDUC 318
Staff Assigned: Sofia Maragoudakis / Stephany Martinez
1.Read Jacob, Ch.8 (pps. 201-222)
2. Choose any one of your professors, investigate her/him in depth on the Net, interview him/her if desired, and report on her/him in writing and in class. Your written results are due by next week on paper. Do not post this on your Wiki. Save a copy of your report to read in class.
3.Do online quiz on Borders, Chapter 7.
1. Do Career Planning exercise.
2. Read http://www.sciencemag.org/content/334/6053/190.full.pdf and be ready to respond next week.
3. Read Borders Chapter 8: Career Planning. (pps 166-183)
1. Do Assignment 9: Writing Exercises 1 and 3 on p. 222 of Jacob. [Applies to theme / discipline]
2. Work on Final Report. . [Applies to theme / discipline] [Group/team work]
3. KTEP reports. [Academic success strategies—note taking] [Critical thinking]
For educational purposes only.
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..