INSTRUCTOR Owen M. Williamson, MA
In case of absence, or if class is ever cancelled due to circumstances beyond Instructor control, students are still expected to complete and submit all assignments shown on this Calendar page if possible.
Week 6: Feb 21-25, 2011
Do Online quiz by Tuesday, 7 am.
Do Your Morals test by Wednesday. Print out results.
I went ahead and have you scheduled for Monday, February 21.
Turn in answers to Your Morals test. Be ready to discuss questions.
Work Group 8 will discuss Progymnasma 6 (Confirmation).
1. What methods could you use to bestmake sure that in each of your courses you finish the semester knowing more about the subject than what the professor has demanded or taught? Please answer concretely, course by course.
2. Will you actually apply this thesis to each of your courses? Why or why not? Please answer course by course. Answer in a considered, scholarly manner. "Because I don't wanna!" or "It's too hard to do!" are not scholarly answers!
Activity/assignment on student learning styles and their relation to college course work. [Learning styles/self assessment]
How academic support programs (e.g., tutoring, counseling, etc.) will help me achieve my goals. Tutoring is NOT a punishment!
Public speaking activity—declamation. [Applies to theme / discipline] [Public speaking]
1. Read Kennedy (click for link), 103-5 (example).
2. Do the Your Morals test. Print out results and be ready to discuss them.
1. Read Borders chapter 5: Academic Resources.
1. Do Progymnasma 6. [Applies to theme / discipline]
2. Work on Final Project. [Applies to theme / discipline]
3. reports. [Academic success strategies—note taking] [Critical thinking]
For educational purposes only.
Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655
The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968 Important Disclaimer
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..