Owen M. Williamson, MA
In case of absence, or if class is ever cancelled due to circumstances beyond Instructor control, students are still expected to complete and submit all assignments shown on this Calendar page if possible.
Monday: Labor Day, University Closed
*Turn in response to "risky Behaviors." Be sure to mark your paper "Confidential!"
Work Group 12 will discuss Assignment 2.
Work Group 11 will discuss Assignment 3.
Tentative: UTEP Cinema Novo (audio)
Turn in a copy of the degree plan for your desired major. This counts as quiz #1. (Keep the original!)
Tour KTEP-FM studios, Cotton Memorial Bldg 203.
1. Read Jacob's book, pps. 33-57.
2. Read Borders chapter 2: Transition from high school to college. [Academic success strategies]
3. Do Activity 1.3 on pages 17-18 of the Borders book. Bring to class on Monday. [Academic success strategies]
4. Do Borders activity 2.3. [Academic success strategies] (Borders, Page 25).
5. Read "Active Shooter." Be ready to respond.
1. report. [Academic success strategies—note taking] [Critical thinking]2. : Assignment 3 (Your choice of ONE of the following):
A. Do Writing Exercise 1 on p. 57 of Jacob.
B. Do Writing Exercise 3 on p. 58 of Jacob, but you may report on ANY cookbook or food-related book of your choice, not just the ones listed there. In your report, be sure to include an APA reference to the book you chose.
For educational purposes only.
|Owen M. Williamson - Education Bldg 211E - phone: (915) 747 7625 - fax: (915) 747 5655|
|The University of Texas at El Paso - 500 W. University Ave. - El Paso, TX 79968|
Open Courseware | OCW |This work is dedicated to the Public Domain..